Why Worry About Taxes & the CRA When You Can Just Use TurboTax?
Make tax time easy - Use TurboTax - Canada's #1 best-selling tax software. Here's what makes TurboTax so great for Canadians:
- It's government (CRA) certified income tax software1
- Get your refund fast! TurboTax helps you file online with the CRA's NETFILE service2
- TurboTax is built using only government-approved forms & is up-to-date with the latest tax laws & CRA tax information
Best of all? TurboTax is guaranteed 100% accurate3.
New? Get Started with TurboTax Online
TurboTax Online lets you create your tax return for free.
Pay when you file
There are a few important dates to keep in mind when filing your taxes:
- February 13: First day you can use the NETFILE service
- February 28: Your employer must send out your T4 slip by this date
- March 1: Deadline for contributing to your RRSP
- April 30: Your tax return must be filed on or before this date
If April 30 falls on a Saturday or a Sunday, the CRA considers your return to be on time if you file it on the next business day. Tax returns for 2013 filed by May 5, 2014 will not incur interest or penalties. Recognizing that the CRA service interruption lasted five days, the Minister of National Revenue has announced that interest and penalties will not be applied to individual taxpayers filing their 2013 tax returns after April 30, 2014 for a period equal to the length of this service interruption.